About RR Coins & Currency
Bob Reed, owner, has a diverse background in numismatics and extensive knowledge both as a dealer and collector. An avocation for more than thirty years, in 1993 he officially opened his business, RR Coins & Currency, and went online in 1998. The company provides customers with a variety of numismatic items and numismatic related goods including coins, paper money, medals, tokens, old bank checks, postcards, and more. We answer your questions too and have received thousands of inquiries over the years. Our most frequently asked questions can be found on our website's Q&A page.
Bob joined the New Orleans Crescent City Coin Club over 30 years ago, is a Past President, and remains an active member. He’s held a variety of offices in the club and served on its Board of Directors. He is also a member of regional coin clubs, the American Numismatic Association and the Society of Paper Money Collectors. He is pro-active in supporting the club and its commercial shows, serving in various capacities as chairman, publicity chairman, dealer, etc. and has given numismatic presentations to regional coins clubs and to local area schools.
RR Coins & Currency maintains an extensive library of numismatic reference and research materials consisting of over 5,500 books, auction catalogs, newsletters and numismatic articles.
Bob participates regularly at coin shows throughout the U. S. Southwest region.
Other Club Memberships and Activities include:
- Alabama Numismatic Society
- American Numismatic Association
- Casino Chip & Gaming Token Collector's Club
- Crescent City Coin Club
- Deep South Chip Collectors Club
- Florida United Numismatists
- Louisiana Numismatic Association, Past President & Life Member
- Mississippi Numismatic Association, Life Member
- Slidell Coin Club, Past Vice-President
- Society of Paper Money Collectors
- Southeastern Token and Medals Society
- Texas Numismatic Association
- Token and Medal Society
- World Exonumia